Re: CPU frequency shifting "problems"

From: Dave Jones (davej@suse.de)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 07:44:22 EST

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Padraig Brady wrote:

> >Does the C3 do any kind of frequency shifting?
> Not automatic, but you can set the multiplier dynamically by setting the
> msr.
> Russell King has been working on an arch independent framework for this
> kind of thing and support for the C3 has recently been added by Dave Jones.

If you're going to try this out on a C3 btw, heed the warning at the
top of the code :) This still needs quite a bit of work.
I just need to find the time to sit down and finish it.
(The x86 bits are all thats preventing Russell from saying
 "This is ready" iirc, so I should get that finished at some point soon)

I'd like to add Transmeta Longrun support to it too, but that can
come later, when I get access to one.

regards,

Dave.