RE: apm suspend broken in 2.4.10

From: Alex Cruise (acruise@infowave.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 16:03:42 EST

From: Randy.Dunlap [mailto:rddunlap@osdlab.org]

> Verified here.
> APM doesn't install if apm=on or apm=off is used in 2.4.10.
>
> Here's a small patch for it. With this patch, apm thread,
> /proc/apm, misc apm_bios device etc. are created.

Thanks... apm=on works now, but APM functionality itself still suffers from
the same failure as before (Resource temporarily unavailble.)

I should mention that before your patch, /dev/misc/apm_bios, /dev/apm_bios
and /proc/apm were already being created by the driver; it's going through
the motions but not delivering the goods.

-0xe1a