RE: Why is Device3Dfx driver (voodoo1/2) not in the kernel?

From: Grover, Andrew (andrew.grover@intel.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 19:24:47 EST

> From: James Simmons [mailto:jsimmons@transvirtual.com]
> > > different VCs. The current system allows it too but it is
> more of a later
> > > add on hack. I have a much cleaner implementation which
> does what you ask
> > > of the above.
> >
> > The requirements of ACPI may yet see you get your wish ...
>
> Let me guess. Insane like the rest of it.

Aww why'd you have to go and say that? Alan for once didn't bash ACPI
(;-)))) and you have to step up and do so?

Knowing ACPI intimately, I can say it deserves several unflattering
adjectives (insane isn't one of them) but also many good qualities that will
be obvious once implementation is complete.

Regards -- Andy
(Insane ACPI maintainer)