Re: Asus CUV266-D problems

From: Dead2 (dead2@circlestorm.org)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 08:09:07 EST

Okay, I have now upgraded to the 1004 bios version, and
reinstalled SuSE linux 7.1 using the minimum install, and added
the packages required to compile the kernel.

Unfortunately I still have big problems with booting this computer.

SuSE installer installs 3 kernels:
Linux
Linux 2.4
Suse

All of these use kernel 2.4.0, but with different configurations.

All of these fails during boot, the last message i see is "Starting Syslog",
then i get a blank screen and nothing more happens. Only thing that works
then is a hard boot.

I managed to boot the 'suse' kernel once, and the attached files are from
that session.
The file 'config' is from the 2.4.10 kernel i compiled and tried to boot,
but that too
gets the same errors.

It seems to me that it has a lot of problems with the HDD/-controller, as it
keeps
complaining about it all the time.

Among others, these are the strangest in my openion:
<4>Warning, log replay starting on readonly filesystem
<4>hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
<4>hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
<4>hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
<4>hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
<4>hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
<4>hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
<4>hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
<4>hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
<4>ide0: reset timed-out, status=0xd0

I have tried changing the disk, changing cable, tested all HDD-settings (MW,
SMART, DMA)

As this is a quite attractive server board, I hope I will get some good help
with this problem.

Any additional information needed? Tell me..

-=Dead2=-