Version 0.99.3 of the multi-purpose performance tuning / hardware
configuration tool 'Powertweak' has been released.
You can find tarballs at
RPMs/Debs will follow soon.
Release notes follow:
v0.99.3 [Release 21. -- The 'voon' release ]
- Daemon now handles >1 HUP.
- Daemon applies settings on getting a HUP.
- SMART code doesn't keep device fd open anymore.
- Make install no longer overwrites existing config files.
- CDROM backend now respects min/max settings in /proc
- CPU backend now handles SMP boxes properly.
- CPU backend handles steppings correctly.
- Close open fds lying around at daemon creation time (Debian bug 111840)
- New Features:
- Tweaks that have changed value since the daemon has loaded
now reflect their current state in the UIs.
- Subtrees are now sorted alphabetically in UIs.
- Powerdown joystick port option for ymf744b sound card.
- Daemon --no-info option to skip `info' tweaks.
- Pentium III & AMD Athlon XML added.
- Informational MTRR backend added.
- Architectural changes:
- CPU backend now only does CPU identification once
at init time, not every time a tweak is allocated.
End result : Lower backend memory usage.
- All backends had destructors auditted & cleaned up.
- Addition of GetValueRaw() method to tweak struct meant
backend init paths got much cleaner.
- Removal of lots of useless/old/duplicated code.
- Tweak allocation methods changed to accept tweaktype argument.
- Standarise some XML tags between backends.
- powertweakd now becomes a daemon before loading tweaks.
-- | Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk | SuSE Labs . - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Sep 30 2001 - 21:01:04 EST