Re: reproducible bug in 2.2.19 & 2.4.x

From: Balazs Scheidler (bazsi@balabit.hu)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 05:03:25 EST

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 03:15:32PM -0400, Mark Hahn wrote:

> seems like an interaction between your signal code and pthread,
> no obvious reason to blame the kernel:

I've updated my test program to address your issues:

1) I removed the SIGSEGV handler (you know with the fprintf())
2) I modified it to use separate memory for all thread initialization data

The segfault still occurs. (to reenable backtrace #define BACKTRACE to 1 at
the beginning of the program) core is not dumped, because threaded programs
do not drop core.

I still think it's a kernel issue, at least the SMP dependancy tells me so.
(remember SMP kernel on an UP is affected too)

I also attach the strace of the process, which also shows the segfault. (it
is made by strace 4.4 which can follow threads)

PS: again please Cc me, since I'm not subscribed.

--
Bazsi