2.4.10 kernel freezes

From: Rajeev Kumar (rajeev@rajeevnet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 10:36:16 EST

Folks,
     I have been long time Linux user, but new to this list. I have recently
installed linux-2.4.10 on Hp Omnibook6000. (850MHz, 512MB) with
kde-2.2.1(latest release) + RedHat 7.1

Problem:
   Everything works fine if I am using kernel 2.4.4. But with kernel 2.4.10
system hang time to time. Sometimes it just freezes for 5-10 seconds and
works after that, but sometime I have to power-cycle. I know there could be
several reasons for this as I am running lots of services here. But just want
to ping this list if this is any known problem here. Nothing useful in logs.

Thanks

Rajeev

	Rajeev Kumar (rajeev@rajeevnet.com)
		http://www.rajeevnet.com