USB Issues on 2.4

From: Stephane Dudzinski (stephane@antefacto.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 07:07:05 EST

Hello,

I would like to bring your attention to some USB issues i experienced
with a USB mouse and normal PS/2 keyboard (not USB).

I installed a usb mouse on 2 systems, one being a pure intel with an
i810 chipset and the other being a via 686b chipset.

First one (the intel) behaves fine, all modules loading up okay and all
working smoothly.

Second one (via from hell) locks up the keyboard as soon as the usb-uhci
is loaded up. This behavior happened on both 2.4.9 and 2.4.10 final
kernels.

I've been pointed to some bios issues with ABIT boards (got a KT7A-RAID)
and especially IRQ sharing (got alot of PCI cards in the box).

I thought it might be useful to send this email.
Steph

Stephane Dudzinski   Systems Administrator
a n t e f a c t o     t: +353 1 8586009
www.antefacto.com     f: +353 1 8586014