Re: kswapd kernel 2.4.9

From: cwright@softpixel.com
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 08:22:57 EST

> I\'m running kernel 2.4.9 under a DELL 8450 with 8xP-III and 10GB RAM.
> Yesterday a run a BIG I/O, and when this process run, my cached goes to
9GB
> and the kswapd is using 100% of one cpu after that.

did it stay at 100%, or did it ease up slightly afterward?

I have noticed a similar problem with ancient kernels (2.0.0) and not quite
as ancient one (2.2.19) where certain applications cause all your physical
ram to be used, then all the cache. after its all used (for some mystery
purpose?) it goes back to normal. maybe my boxes are just flukes though

        chris