Re: [POT] Which journalised filesystem uses Linus Torvalds ?

From: Fabbione (fabbione@fabbione.net)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 11:54:15 EST

Hi Sebastien,
                I had the possiblity to poke around with ext3 and reiserfs,
but endup converting all my machine to ext3 for various reasons.

First of all we ext3 you don't need to re-format your partitions, so no
mkreiserfs or mke3fs
but a simple tune2fs. No need to backup all your data, rebuild on top of
the new fs and
reinstall and....

When I was testing reiserfs (it was atleast a couple of months ago) I
got very bad performance
but I know that they have improved performance within the 2.4.10 release
of the kernel
that unfortunatly seems having many other problems.

Fabbione

--
Debian GNU/Linux Unstable Kernel 2.4.9
fabbione on irc.atdot.it #coredump #kchat | fabbione@fabbione.net