Clear indication of stable -ac kernels?

From: David L. Parsley (parsley@linuxjedi.org)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 21:22:21 EST

Hi Alan,

I was just wondering if you might stamp your kernel releases clearly
with some indication of stable/probably stable/don't bet the farm - or
some such. I've got a big-ish (2 X 1Ghz, 1.5G) multi-user terminal
server that's having bits of flakiness (which I suspect are recently
fixed), and could probably stand a kernel upgrade. I'm guessing that
2.4.10-ac4 is probably a good bet, but I'd sure be happy if you'd make
clear statements to that effect. ;-) (i.e., when Linus releases
something non-pre, I assume he means 'I think this is stable' - even
though he's not always right, I still feel better trying those in
production than any of his -pre's)

regards,
        David

--