Re: [announce] [patch] limiting IRQ load, irq-rewrite-2.4.11-B5

From: BALBIR SINGH (balbir.singh@wipro.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 04:49:42 EST

Sorry, if I missed something in the patch, but here is a question.

Shouldn't the interrupt mitigation be on a per CPU basis?
What I mean is that if a particular CPU is hogged due to some
interrupt, that interrupt should be mitigated on that particular CPU
and not on all CPUs in the system. So, unless an interrupt ends up
taking a lot of time on all CPUs it should still have a chance to
do something.

This could probably help in distributing the interrupts more evenly and
fairly on an SMP system or vice-versa.

Balbir