Re: [POT] Which journalised filesystem uses Linus Torvalds ?

From: Nathan Straz (nstraz@sgi.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 11:30:00 EST

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 02:00:35PM +0200, sebastien.cabaniols wrote:
> With the availability of XFS,JFS,ext3 and ReiserFS I am a little lost
> and I don't know which one I should use for entreprise class servers.

I'd recommend reading:

       http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1212&lang=en

It's an article in the Mandrake forums concerning ext3, JFS, XFS, and
ReiserFS, all of which are in Mandrake 8.1.

> In terms of intergration into the kernel, functionnalities, stability
> and performance which one is the best for entreprise class servers

For enterprise stuff, I would recommend XFS based on the tools it
provides. XFS has a complete set of tools for dumping XFS, repairing a
broken file system (should it every break), and debugging should you
find something wrong with it.

--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@sgi.com
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/