Re: [POT] Which journalised filesystem ? (fwd)

From: Stephen C. Tweedie (sct@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 06:25:36 EST

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 02:42:10PM +0400, Hans Reiser wrote:

> > Should be fine with ext3 and XFS. It's not a journaling problem as
> > much as NFS assuming a particular property of the filesystem.

> Err, I meant it is stable from all reports for recent kernels:-/.... excuse me.

Yes, and it's also worth noting that this same NFS assumption will
break exports of _all_ filesystems which don't have simple static
inum/filehandle capabilities. Reiserfs should work just fine now but
the same NFS problem is still present if you do other things such as
trying to re-export a SMB mount as NFS.

Cheers,
 Stephen