Re: [POT] Linux SAN?

From: Wilson (defiler@null.net)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 09:12:13 EST

> On Thursday 04 October 2001 22:31, someone wrote:
>
> > For the HBA ( fibre channel adapter ) i use the module in the kernel
CPQFC
> > is for a specific compaq HBA, but you can use use QLOGIC module or
EMULEX (
> > but the EMULEX driver is not under GPL and you don't have source and
it's
> > really convinient for the correction on the driver ) with support for
FC.

Is anyone aware of a project (now that LinuxDisk is gone..) that has the
potential to turn a Linux box into one of these?
I'd like to have a Linux machine running as a "SAN appliance" with a
heterogenous mix of servers (with FC cards) booting from "virtual" slices of
one big array.
I'm envisioning a "roll your own" version of this Winchester Flaskdisk
product:
http://www.winsys.com/products/

Regards,
--Wilson.