kernel oops in modprobe

From: Alejandro Conty (zz01f074@etsiig.uniovi.es)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 08:50:56 EST

Since I installed kernel 2.4.10 I get a kernel oops after booting if I try to load analog.o with modprobe. But not always, it happens randomly. I load joydev ok, and then when I load analog.o ... oops. The module is loaded and as lsmod says, it is in "(initializing)" state. Of course I can't unload it "busy".

I send attached the full boot log until the crash, as you see the oops is caused by a divide error. I've been reading the analog init function, but didn't find any division.

I think the log gives you all info about my machine, but if you need more ask me.

Cheers

jandro.