RE: eepro100.c bug on 10Mbit half duplex (kernels 2.4.5 / 2.4.10 / 2.4.11pre6 / 2.4.11 / 2.4.10ac11)

From: Robbert Kouprie (robbert@radium.jvb.tudelft.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 11:52:49 EST

Hi,

My testcase was indeed one large file. I did not test lots of small
files. It would always lockup after said amount of traffic, but only in
10 Mbit half duplex mode. Also, I have the 82557, not the 82558 chip.

The problem looks a lot like what should be fixed in this changelog line
from 2.4.9-ac13:

- Work around eepro100 bug with some chip (Arjan van de
Ven)
  versions on 10Mbit half duplex

Only 2.4.10ac11 still had the problem...

- Robbert