RE: crc32 cleanups

From: Matt_Domsch@Dell.com
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 15:17:12 EST

> That leaves (a) unconditionally building
> it into the kernel, or (b) Makefile and Config.in rules.

(a) is simple, but needs a 1KB malloc (or alternately, a 1KB static const
array - I've taken the approach that the malloc is better)
(b) isn't that much harder, but requires drivers to be sure to call
init_crc32 and cleanup_crc32. If somehow they manage not to do that, Oops.
I don't want to add a runtime check for the existance of the array in
crc32().

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
#2 Linux Server provider with 17% in the US and 14% Worldwide (IDC)!
#3 Unix provider with 18% in the US (Dataquest)!