Re: Wireless Extension update

From: Roeland Th. Jansen (roel@grobbebol.xs4all.nl)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 14:26:47 EST

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 05:07:53PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> YYYY-MM-DD is also unambiguous, and has the nice properties of being
> (a) sortable and (b) language-independent.

it only is unambiguous if you happen to know the format beforehand.

20011001 is ?

10 oct 2001 ?
01 jan 2001 ?

for the fun :

it's a known practise in aircraft complaint handling that there should
be a definition written at the place where complaints are signed off. if
there is no such thing, we always have to revert to the unambigous
dd-mmm-yyyy where the mmm is the three letter code for the month.

--
Grobbebol's Home                      |  Don't give in to spammers.   -o)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel          | Use your real e-mail address   /\