Re: VIA 686b Bug - once again :(

From: Kelledin Tane (feralgod@home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 09:34:35 EST

> So my questions is:
> I'm going to buy a 3ware 6410(B)
> IDE raid controller .. can I suspect
> a failure safe system (in aspect to
> the 686b problems) when all discs
> are connected to the 3ware
> controller?

I would certainly expect so. I have a Gigabyte GA-7DX with the infamous VIA
686B southbridge...and an SBLive! Value...and I have no IDE devices at all
(complete SCSI). I have never encountered data corruption.

Just out of curiosity...is this IBM drive a 75GXP model? What does IBM's
Drive Fitness Test tell you about it? I ask because the 75GXP is IMHO a
flawed product line.

Kelledin