Re: Xircom card problems on apm resume (xirc2ps_cs)

From: Pau Aliagas (linux4u@wanadoo.es)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 13:42:47 EST

On 21 Oct 2001, Roel Teuwen wrote:

> When resuming after an apm -s, my xircom card (REM56G-100) is no longer
> functional. I need to ifdown,rmmod,modprobe,ifup in order to get it to
> work again.

Exactly the same happens to me. I have to remove and reinsert the card tom
make it work again. kbdrate is lost too.

> I am running kernel 2.4.12-ac3, but I haven't found a past 2.4 kernel
> (yet) that makes this work without problems.

Has happened always for me for all kind of network cards and kernels that
I have tried.

> Maybe unrelated, on this laptop the apm -s command only succeeds when it
> is running on battery power, trying to suspend with the AC cord plugged
> in causes it to resume (if it ever suspends at all) nearly instantly.

If you are on AC power it does not stop the first time, it just hungs for
a while. When it comes back to life in about 40-60 seconds, maybe the next
try to supsend works.

When waking up, sometime the X screen does not appear; I have to go to the
BIOS setup screen and exit to get it back. I used to reboot til I
discovered the trick.

Pau