Re: 2.4.13-pre6 breaks Nvidia's kernel module, or not?

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 14:53:35 EST

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:45:22 +0200 (CEST) jarausch@belgacom.net wrote:

> [...]
> Running pre6 I get
> (==) NVIDIA(0): Write-combining range (0xf0000000,0x2000000)
> (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to allocate LUT context DMA
> (EE) NVIDIA(0): *** Aborting ***

Probably you should do additional checks. I run a GeForce II MX here with
exactly this driver and pre6 - and have no problem at all. I tried both driver
version 1251 and 1541, and both work.

Of course I do not back the manufacturers' religion "we don't wanna show people
how we managed to make a kernel driver 800kB of size". Only I believe this is
no real loss, as nobody wants to follow this god anyway.

:-)

Regards,
Stephan