Re: Linux 2.2.20pre10

From: Tom Sightler (ttsig@tuxyturvy.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 16:04:47 EST

> > Everyone wants to bring up the Sklyarov case, but he didn't just expose
the
> > weakness of the code, his company actively sold a product for financial
gain
> > that circumvented the protection. While I still don't think the
Sklyarov

> The Felten case is the more relevant one.

OK, I need even more help here. Isn't it Felten the one doing the suing in
that case. I need more clarification. I've tried to read both the EFF
pages as well as other sources and I don't even see where he has been sued
under the DMCA (although it does look like he was theatened with legal
action from the RIAA). Has there been a recent ruling that I've been too
busy to see lately.

Thanks,
Tom