Re: Linux 2.2.20pre10

From: Wayne.Brown@altec.com
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 17:27:06 EST

Even if every Linux user in the US speaks out against it (and I'm sure a lot of
us already have), I doubt it will make any difference at all. There just aren't
enough of us. But hey, you and the rest of the world will still have Linux, so
who cares, right? It's great to see such enthusiastic support for the
principles of free software.

My personal opinion is that no one in this discussion is really concerned about
getting arrested or sued over publishing Linux changelogs. I think it's all
just a publicity stunt to make a point, at the expense of those who have no
choice in the matter. In any case, I'm thoroughly disgusted with the whole
subject and don't intend to answer any more posts or emails about it.

Wayne

Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> on 10/22/2001 05:04:54 PM