Re: Linux 2.2.20pre10

From: Steven Walter (srwalter@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 17:45:02 EST

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:34:28PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 01:29:14PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > "Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after
> > > they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."
> >
> > While I've been generally saddened by Alan Cox's and others
> > anti-America attitude, I am somewhat surprised to find that
> > Alan believes the US bombing of Afghanistan is justified and so
> > is the collateral damage as they call it.
>
> That quote is rather older than the US bombing of Afghanistan. You read
> totally inappropriate things into it.

Certainly, it is not. This statement applies to Afghanistan, in that
the fact that they have not rebelled means they imply consent to
everything their government does, and therefore are just as guilty as
the Taliban. Therefore, killing civilians (collateral damage) is no
worse than killing terrorists or Taliban officials. This is a stance I
can easily subscribe to, not just with Afghanistan but with any people,
nation, state, or country.

--
-Steven
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.