Re: Linux 2.2.20pre10

From: Luigi Genoni (kernel@Expansa.sns.it)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 18:19:43 EST

I do not know about linux kernel, but I know of a couple of GPLed projects
where nice guys from Iraq sended patches and they were merged (they were
good stuff).

Excuse me if I do not say the name of those projects, but I am
sure you understand.

just to say a paradox.

USA are quite like ancien Athen, it were imposing democracy to other greek
polis (greek polis were also in south Italy, asia and north africa...)
Then this democracy degenerated to a corrupt and tirannic (self proclaming
democratic) system.
Nice guys from Sparta and then from thebe, and of course from
Athen destroyed athenian supremacy.
(just read tucidide's history and then xenofonte's ellenics).

If USA is defending democracy, and USA is not a democracy, then
USA should start a was against itself to defend democracy defeating USA
government.

History shows that happened, so it could happen again.

Luigi