Re: kjournald and disk sleeping

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 04:27:50 EST

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 04:13:31PM +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > One thing I thought: how is this supposed to work on laptops? can
> > they be suspended? a question related to this one: I also have ACPI turned
> > on and APM turned off. how can I switch to stanby states? is there a way?
> > again, how does it works on laptops?
>
> I'm working on suspend-to-disk, and suspend-to-ram is mostly working, also.

Sweet.

What's not working with suspend-to-ram? Gateway, in their infinate
wisdon, nuked suspend-to-disk functionality of the bios in the most
recent edition (which they kindly upgraded me to when I put my laptop
in for servicing...). As such I only have suspend-to-ram working and
I'm also interested in playing with ACPI.

--
CaT        "As you can expect it's really affecting my sex life. I can't help
           it. Each time my wife initiates sex, these ejaculating hippos keep