Re: mount --bind -o ro /tmp /mnt/tmp

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 12:06:11 EST

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Maxim Timofeyev wrote:

> Why I can't mounted a r/w /tmp as r/o /mnt/tmp?

Because a filesystem being read-only is something the
kernel keeps track of on a per-superblock basis.

According to Al Viro, doing this on a per mount point
basis will be trivial in the future, once more parts
of the namespace patch will have been integrated into
the kernel.

(and yes, I'm looking forward to that day)

regards,

Rik

--
DMCA, SSSCA, W3C?  Who cares?  http://thefreeworld.net/  (volunteers needed)