Re: What is standing in the way of opening the 2.5 tree?

From: lost (lost@23.org)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 16:39:08 EST

sounds like more complication to me. i personally think both do a great
job at getting the job done. sure there are problems with any source
tree. but adding more version numbers and turning kernels over to other
people doesnt seem like the solution for making anything more stable.
using the pre kernels seems to be the way for things to become stable.
what need is there for a 2.5 tree right now? when linus feels like
opening te 2.5 tree it till happen. just sit back and wait and enjoy the
ride. if your too impatient for stability or new source trees remember
this is an open source project.