Zlatko's I/O slowdown status

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 00:52:55 EST

Hello Zlatko,

I'm not sure how the email thread ended but I noticed different
unplugging of the I/O queues in mainline (mainline was a little more
overkill than -ac) and also wrong bdflush histeresis (pre-wakekup of
bdflush to avoid blocking if the write flood could be sustained by the
bandwith of the HD was missing for example).

So you may want to give a spin to pre6aa1 and see if it makes any
difference, if it makes any difference I'll know what your problem is
(see the buffer.c part of the vm-10 patch in pre6aa1 for more details).

thanks,

Andrea