Re: Linux-2.4.14-pre8..

From: jogi@planetzork.ping.de
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 18:07:53 EST

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 10:35:35PM +0100, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> On 4 Nov 2001 22:06:41 +0100 jogi@planetzork.ping.de wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 10:53:43AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > with the complete patch (s.b.) the kernel did kill processes while running
> > make -j100. So I tried only the second part of the patch (the SetPage-part)
> > and here are the results (this time only the make -j100 part:
> >
> > 2.4.14-pre8vmscan2: 6:12.06
> > 2.4.14-pre8vmscan2: 6:41.43
> > 2.4.14-pre8vmscan2: 6:53.22
> > 2.4.14-pre8vmscan2: 7:12.03
> > 2.4.14-pre8vmscan2: 5:49.82
>
> Hello,

Hello Stephan,

> can you try attached patch together with pre6 or pre7? I don't know if it
> applies to pre8.
> And post the results in the mailinglist please.

I tried the patch you sent me and here are the results with -pre8+patch:

2.4.14-pre8vmscan3: 6:53.11
2.4.14-pre8vmscan3: 6:40.20
2.4.14-pre8vmscan3: 9:52.39
2.4.14-pre8vmscan3: 6:16.98
2.4.14-pre8vmscan3: 6:48.35

Regards,

   Jogi

PS: The patch Stephan sent me is attached.
PPS: The second chunk did not apply cleanly so I applied it by hand.

--

Well, yeah ... I suppose there's no point in getting greedy, is there?

<< Calvin & Hobbes >>