Re: Olivetti hangs in PCI initialisation

From: Rasmus Andersen (rasmus@jaquet.dk)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 13:39:15 EST

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 01:06:11AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

> It's bizarre. The machine boots okay with the Red Hat Linux bootnet
> image for RHL 7.2, and starts running the installer - the the point of
> configuring my network card.
>
> It was hanging at the point where I saw the message "PCI: Using
> configuration type 1."

Hi.

Some time ago I had an old Pentium Olivetti die on me during boot
in pci-country. I could work around that with the boot parameter
'pci=conf1'. You seem to die in conf1. Maybe you should try out
conf2 and see what happens?

--
        Rasmus(rasmus@jaquet.dk)

intoxicated, adj.: When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/