Re: Cannot unlock spinlock... Was: Problem in yenta.c, 2nd edition

From: Jan Marek (linux@hazard.jcu.cz)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 05:55:09 EST

Hallo,

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 10:30:39AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> Can you disable the winmodem in the BIOS at all. I've seen similar reports
> of audio hangs where the IRQ was shared by a lucent winmodem - no idea
> why since it ought to be passive and minding its own business.

I'm sorry, but this is the Compaq Armada notebook and in its BIOS
I can't disable even ACPI or this device :-((( Maybe it is
possible in special "BIOS setup program" which can be load from
Compaq rescue partition: however I remove this partition :-(

I can only remove this device physically from notebook...

But I have good news (maybe): when I switch off ACPI in the
kernel config, I can work with PCMCIA w/o David's patch...
(New kernel fetched from sgi CVS, because I have xfs on the root
filesystem, version is 2.4.14-xfs) ;-))))

Thank you for advice...

Sincerely
Jan Marek

--