__VERSIONED_SYMBOL and related EXPORT_SYMBOL error

From: Amit Kulkarni (amitncsu@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 15:51:44 EST

hello everybody,

when i do a ksyms -a | grep skb_dump (this symbol i
have added )
 i see
some_addr __VERSIONED_SYMBOL(skb_dump)
I think this is the reason it gives unresolved symbol
when I try to load a module that calls the function

>From a reply by Keith to a mail on the list earlier I
gather that this is coaused because the dev.c where
this symbol is defined is implicitly included via

obj-$(CONFIG_NET) += dev.o dev_mcast.o

There was no followup on what needs to be done on
that thread .
I guess the sender was an intelligent person :(
Can Somebody please tell me what I need to do to
resolve this. I am trying to export a few other
symbols but they do not even get added to /proc/ksyms

please advise

Regards,
amit