Athlon cooling

From: David Grant (davidgrant79@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 21:18:42 EST

There is a program for Windows called CPUIdle, which cools the Athlon
tremendoulsy. I can get my temp. from 52C down to 36C. It makes the CPU
truly go idle. Is there anything like this for Linux, and I'm wondering if
anyone knows the instructions (and/or signals) which could be used to put
the Athlon into this state. I guess it's more of a question for some APM
guys, but I thought some people here might know the interface to the Athlon,
and might thus know how this software cooling works. Actually the low-level
apm stuff is part of the kernel right? so maybe this is on-topic.

http://www.cpuidle.de/

Cheers,
David Grant