Re: bonding driver - linux kernel

From: José Luis Domingo López (jdomingo@internautas.org)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 07:29:44 EST

On Friday, 09 November 2001, at 04:46:31 -0500,
Phil Sorber wrote:

> hello,
>
> i have an HP Procurve 4000M and a linux box with an Intel Pro/100 Dual
> Port Server Adapter (eepro.c). we have the switch set to do cicso
> etherchannel, which the procurve supports. but it seems not to work in
> this mode. we have to back down to trunking mode, giving us 200Mbit
> upstream, but only 100Mbit down stream.

Don't know what the problem can be, but as you seem interested in the
code, apart from the bonding driver in official kernels, there an
alternative (and more featureful) implementation here:
http://sf.net/projects/bonding/

It is a patch against recent 2.4.x kernels (lat 2.4.13). Apart from
traditional bonding/trunking (two or more cards give you aggregated
bandwith) it implements "link failover". Give it a try :)

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk