Problems creating filsystems and with dd

From: quintaq@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 12:09:40 EST

Responding to my own post under this heading, I googled my way to Peter
Seiderers recent posts under "What is the difference between 'login: root'
and 'su -' ?". I find that dd works when I login as root rather than su.
FWIW I also worked out that, when using su, dd was failing on the 2GB
boundary. Anyway, whatever the causes, that seems to solve my problem from
a practical point of view.

Regards,

Geoff