STR with APM possible?

From: Borsenkow Andrej (Andrej.Borsenkow@mow.siemens.ru)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 01:55:21 EST

I have ASUS CUSL2 motherboard that supports STR (and it works perfectly
under windows). With the same BIOS settings doing apm --suspend almost
suspends - except that power supply fan continues to run, which
indicates, system is not in STR state.

Kernel is Mandrake cooker 2.4.13-4mdk (based on -ac6), but it was true
for all kernels I've tried starting from 2.2.19

ACPI is not included in mandrake kernels.

Is it supported? Anything I can do to debug/fix it?

TIA

-andrej