Re: Regression testing of 2.4.x before release?

From: Timothy D. Witham (wookie@osdl.org)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 14:07:34 EST

On Sun, 2001-11-11 at 22:24, Dan Kegel wrote:
> "Timothy D. Witham" wrote:

  Snip

> At some point it might be nice to also use the STP to help
> speed gcc 3 development, too. (I personally am really
> looking forward to the day when I can use the same compiler
> for both c++ and kernel.)

  Strange, I was just talking to somebody about compiler
performance and regression issues and what sort of automation
could be done to do that sort of testing.

  Since the STP is really a framework and just about any piece
of software and testing environment could be worked into it.

 So I guess you could have two pieces. One that just ran a bunch
of compile and user level tests and then one that went in and
checked out the compiler on a kernel tree and then ran the
same performance tests that had been run using the "standard"
compiler.

  Are you stepping forward to integrate this into STP? :-)

--
Timothy D. Witham - Lab Director - wookie@osdlab.org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation