Re: Which kernel, Linus' or Alan's for Athlon?

From: Chris Meadors (clubneon@hereintown.net)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 13:11:18 EST

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Paul G. Allen wrote:

> I've been running a slightly modified 2.4.9ac10 kernel and I think it
> might be time to upgrade. I have a Tyan K7 Thunder with two 1.4GHz
> Athlons (NOT MPs or XPs, plain Athlons). Which kernel best supports this
> board?

Well Alan's kernel is quickly becoming Linus' which will be Marcelo's not
long after that.

So, I'd say try out Linus' 2.4.15-pres or wait for 2.4.15 final and see
how they work for you. Cause this is where 2.4 is at now, and if it
doesn't work well for you, people need to know.

Other than that, any of the late 2.4s should work fine on that board.

-Chris

--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg.  The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo."  The second penguin