Re: elvtune fails with DAC960 and devfs on 2.4.14

From: Dave Jones (davej@suse.de)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 16:11:53 EST

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Brian Ristuccia wrote:

> I can't seem to adjust the elevator parameters for this block device, but
> can't:
> # elvtune /dev/rd/disc0/disc
> ioctl get: Invalid argument

DAC960.c doesn't know about BLKELVSET / BLKELVGET, and control is
only passed down to the generic ioctl in the case of BLKBSZSET,
and doesn't have a default: entry in the switch statement of
DAC960_IOCTL()

I've not seen one of these devices, so I'm not sure if this makes
sense or not, but passing on requests to the lower level should
be a simple..

        default:
                return( blk_ioctl(Inode->i_rdev, Request, Argument));

Addition.

There may be other reasons this driver doesn't provide the
elevator ioctls though.

regards,

Dave.