Re: fdutils.

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 20:30:33 EST

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:50:25AM +0000, Riley Williams wrote:
> >> http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/superrescue/
>
> > Sure, but having to mount the CDROM means the drive is inaccessible
> > during a rescue operation, so no restore from CDROM or CDRW backups
> > is possible. ;) Mine runs out of a 4 MB ramdisk image.
>
> Maybe that drive is inaccessible, but what about the other drive? Many
> systems have both a CD (or DVD) drive and a CD-RW as well nowadays.

Are you guys trying to target the highest or lowest common denominator
here? Because the more of this thread I read the more of the population
you guys are excluding.

(Oh but I have my 2 friends have 5 dvd players, 3 cdrws, 4 zip drives,
7 ls-120's and a partridge in their pc and as such I must conclude that
the vast majority of the world does also).

Hrmph.

--
CaT        "As you can expect it's really affecting my sex life. I can't help
           it. Each time my wife initiates sex, these ejaculating hippos keep