Re: File server FS?

From: Sean Elble (S_Elble@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 21:05:49 EST

I'd have to recommend XFS for you . . . it supports the kernel mode NFS
server very well, it supports LVM, an XFS file system can be enlarged (not
reduced), and XFS has great quota support, just be sure you use a 3.0 or
greater quota tools package. Why use XFS over Ext3 you ask? XFS is faster,
and scales better, IMHO. Again just my opinion, but I hope that helps.

Sean P. Elble
Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
ReactiveLinux.com (Formerly MaximumLinux.org)
http://www.reactivelinux.com/
elbles@reactivelinux.com