Re: File server FS?

From: Robert Szentmihalyi (robert.szentmihalyi@entracom.de)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 05:41:16 EST

Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2001 03:05 schrieb Sean Elble:
> I'd have to recommend XFS for you . . . it supports the kernel
> mode NFS server very well, it supports LVM, an XFS file system
> can be enlarged (not reduced), and XFS has great quota support,
> just be sure you use a 3.0 or greater quota tools package. Why
> use XFS over Ext3 you ask? XFS is faster, and scales better,
> IMHO. Again just my opinion, but I hope that helps.

ACK.
We have built an 800 GB file server for a customer about three
month ago using XFS on a 3ware RAID.
The server performs great, even under heay load.
The only drawback is that group quotas were not yet supported then.
I don't know if this has changed yet, but it should be fairly easy
to find out..... :-)

cheers,
 Robert

--