Re: What Athlon chipset is most stable in Linux?

From: Chris Meadors (clubneon@hereintown.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 08:27:46 EST

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Marvin Justice wrote:

> We've acutally had next to no hangs on the Thunder K7 using a FireGL2 card
> --- if you don't mind spending $1000+ for high end 3D graphics :-) Stay away
> from nVidia for now; though I understand they're working on fixes for this
> chipset for their next driver release.

Saw in your sig, I know who Boxx Tech is, they build machines like I build
for myself, but for less money. :P

Anyway, to keep this kinda kernel related. How well supported are the
FireGL cards? That is DRM wise, and of course X to go with that.

-Chris

--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg.  The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo."  The second penguin