2.2.14 hangs on Dell PowerEdge 6300

From: Nagy Tibor (nagyt@otpbank.hu)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 03:47:37 EST

Hi,

we were satisfied with linux kernel version 2.2.9. Our linux server is
unusable with kernel version 2.2.10 and higher, also with 2.2.14
declared to be stable.

We are working on Dell PowerEdge 6300 (4 Pentium Xeon/550Mhz, 4GB RAM).
Any kernel from 2.2.10 to 2.2.14 brings our machine to a hanging state.
Nothing can be determined, I guess, something is wrong with memory
management. Unfortunately there is no more information about the
problem.