Re: 2.4.14 Oops during boot (KT133A Problem?)

From: bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 11:11:20 EST

In article <3BF32B36.8B1375D0@neo.shinko.co.jp> nakai@neo.shinko.co.jp wrote:
>I think you'd be better compile kernel for K6, not for K7. There is
>something wrong with KT133 chip set and Athlon/Duron.

There is a patch for this chipset around, which AFAIK was never put in
the kernel because the exact function of the patch was not known WRT the
chipset internals. None the less, without it my Athlon systems won't run
an Athlon compiled kernel, and while a P6 kernel will boot,
Athlon-optimized user software will hang the system. Since that's not
acceptable I run the patch. You should be able to find it on this list
in the archives.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  His first management concern is not solving the problem, but covering