[ANNOUNCE] pcihpview 0.2

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 20:13:20 EST

Hi all,

Now that a number of people are actually using the PCI Hotplug driver in
the kernel, I've received quite a few requests to enable the old GUI
tools to work with the new file system interface. Since my statements
of "it's a filesystem, use the shell" fell on deaf ears, I hacked up a
small gtk+ program called pcihpview.

It can be found at:
        http://www.kroah.com/linux/hotplug/pcihpview-0.2.tar.gz

More info on the program (but not much), and the obligatory screenshot
can be found at:
        http://www.kroah.com/linux/hotplug/

For those who just want to use a shell script, I've attached an example
of one below (it's read only, pcihpview allows you to change values.)

thanks,

greg k-h

------------------cut here------------------------
#!/bin/sh

if [ $# != "1" ] ; then
        echo
        echo "Program to display the PCI Hotplug slot information"
        echo "usage: $0 <directory>"
        echo
        exit 1
fi

DIR=$1
cd $DIR
echo "Slot Adapter Attention Latch Power"

for SLOT in * ; do
        cd $SLOT
        TEMP=`cat adapter`
        if [ $TEMP == 0 ]; then
                ADAPTER="not present"
        else
                ADAPTER="present "
        fi

        TEMP=`cat attention`
        if [ $TEMP == 0 ]; then
                ATTENTION="off"
        else
                ATTENTION="on"
        fi

        TEMP=`cat latch`
        if [ $TEMP == 0 ]; then
                LATCH="off"
        else
                LATCH="on"
        fi

        TEMP=`cat power`
        if [ $TEMP == 0 ]; then
                POWER="off"
        else
                POWER="on"
        fi

        echo "$SLOT $ADAPTER $ATTENTION $LATCH $POWER"
        cd ..
done