Re: Kernel 2.4.15-pre6 / EXT3 / ls shows '.journal' on root-fs.

From: Tommi Kyntola (kynde@ts.ray.fi)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 20:48:00 EST

> > Since what's there to stop you from 'chattr -i .journal ; rm .journal'.
>
> man 1 lart

:-) naturally

But still, I didnt chattr it to non immutable and rm is something
that the tmp sweeps would do for a .journal file in /tmp anyway.
So it's a pretty typical scenario.

What I'm wondering is that wether removing it is has any intended (or
otherwise) consequences?

--
  Tommi "Kynde" Kyntola
     /* A man alone in the forest talking to himself and