Re: Another wonderful OOPS!

From: Ryan Cumming (bodnar42@phalynx.dhs.org)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 01:03:08 EST

On November 19, 2001 20:45, Curt McCutchin wrote:
> I hope this is helpful this time.
> system stats in case they matter:
>
> hardwarewise:
> -------------
> -hercules geforce 2 mx 32mb video card
> softwarewise:
> -NVidia 1.0-1541 driver
> Nov 19 21:10:42 snotball kernel: Process XFree86 (pid: 220,
stackpage=d58f7000)

You're going to recieve very little help from this list for debugging an
XFree86 crash using a binary-only driver. Although this sort of driver are
almost always the source of XFree86 problems, I'm sure this list would be
more than happy to help if you are able to reproduce the problem using
official, open source Linux drivers.

-Ruan